One Shot Kill Progress

It has been about two months since Mike and I debuted our trailer for our new short film, One Shot Kill. We have recieved mixed reception from people, and our trying to make it the best of our abilities. Its a lot of work, espicially for us since this is our first film. We did The Mike and Steve Show last year which ran for ten episodes before being canceled. I deeply regret that show and wish I had never did it. Mike currently, from what I hear, is in the progress of making a new show about Video Games most likely premiering in the Summer of 2010. I for one have my show, Front Row Steve which premiered on January 1, 2010, and airs every Friday.

When I created Front Row Steve. I thought for sure that it would be the end of Mike and I working together. I thought we had for sure gone about our separate ways and just decided to work solo. We have proposed many ideas for a movie before going ahead with this.

The first thing we did together was a short (amateurish) video called Grand Theft Biker. Our love for the Grand Theft Auto franchise spawned the series of shorts. Ever since our first short we have thought about a ten minute film. Our first thought we had was Wayne's World 3. We loved the first two, and thought that we could pull off a third film. Though, since we were young, and would have had to cut out a lot of technology to portray the 90s in the correct fashion, the idea was scrapped quickly.

Our second idea was thought up by me called, Partnership. It was essentially about us in a movie if that makes sense. We were two guys making shows on the internet and had to find ways to get a higher view count. It was like one big break of the fourth wall. I started a script draft, got about two pages in, and said f--- it. The movie wouldn't make any sense and the direction I wanted to take wasn't good and would leave the viewers confused. Too much stuff we would assume the viewers would know.

The third idea, was One Shot Kill, stylized (+)ne Shot Kill. A film about two assassins that are trying to kill one another to complete a final mission. We are about four minutes into the project and so far, I like what we have done. A teaser trailer was released on March 11, 2010. That day we shot some footage, some we're still iffy about putting in the actual film, and some we have already added into the film. We used the song [i]No Remorse[/i] by Metallica to give the film a hard rock kind of feel. A release date for the film is unkown, but I cant see it being later than June 2010. We are doing a lot of experimenting with this one. We used sound wavs, audio dubbing, music, and special effects. So a lot might look choppy. There are some flaws I bet some viewers will catch, but many have to remember it's not professional. We are just trying to have fun, and do what we love. Though I want to grow up reviewing films, not making, I feel it's good to have some practice in the feel. Just so I know what it feels like.

The teaser trailer to One Shot Kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrITqjM9fYE

Comments

  1. We are about 1/3 done with the film and trying to think of ideas so if any of you have some cool ideas post a comment here or message us on youtube.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment