Front Row Steve is no more



Almost two years ago, on January 1, 2010, I started a new Youtube series called Front Row Steve. It would be my first formal show on the web since the dreaded Mike and Steve Show, and wouldn't be something I felt I should do, but something I wanted to do. Barely two years later, I say it's time to close the curtains.

My Youtube career has been going on since 2009, and never did I feel I was comfortable in my state until I started the weekly show Front Row Steve. It all started with a series of shorts my friend and I did called Grand Theft Biker. We wound up making, I believe, five before we stopped. The first and second are still available on Youtube to this day. The rest of the series I deleted because of personal disgust. Same goes with The Mike and Steve Show.

Front Row Steve was a success, but it's time to stop. I haven't formally been doing it since August, and now, it's time to do the inevitable. I knew I was going to cancel it in September. I had lost interest in the format, and found it to be a tiresome act of personal amusement. Let me explain; most of the topics I discussed didn't sit well with the audiences. They all had a low view and feedback count which is something I look forward to upon uploading a video. I'll take many comments over views, any day. What does 1,000 views mean if you one or two comments?

Many of the topics I discussed were eclectic and didn't reach a mainstream audiences. I've been told countless times before to "do what I like" and "don't worry about the view-count." That never worked for me. Why do videos if no one is watching? Why spend time coming up with a topic, outlining it, just to release it garners about a hundred views and scarce comments? It's a useless task.

My other web-show, Blog on Cam, will not suffer the same treatment. I plan on continuing with the show because I feel that's more of an informal show. It's not as planned out, it's spontaneous, they shows are relevant, and they generate feedback and opinions from other people. Just what I'm looking for.

Front Row Steve was a nice experiment, but it's time to move on. I don't regret doing it, but I do wish it garnered more views and more of a reaction with the public. It is the show I'm most proud of because some episodes did spark quite an opinion, and having guest stars like screenwriter and producer Brian Patrick O'Toole and my good friend and co-host Mike Nuccio were little perks that made it worth doing. But I've grown tired, hungry for more creative, eye-opening projects.

The future is tentative as of now. I'd like to create another short film with Mike, make more Dvd updates on my channel, and continue my line of random film reviews and blog statements. But writing reviews and blogs is truly what I want to stick to doing. They're less time consuming because they lack a proper "upload," and I believe they are a lot more personal and a lot more formal.

I appreciate the fan support I've gotten of the years. Its kept kept me motivated and optimistic about the future. Please continue to follow me on my blog here and my review at http://stevethemovieman.proboards.com. To view my current Youtube, stay up to date with videos I'm posting, and to watch old Front Row Steve episodes go to http://youtube.com/moviewhiz1.

And until then, the balcony is closed.

Comments

  1. you should put front row steve out on DVD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually thinking about taking the episodes and converting them to DVD.

    Also, I think we should make a new movie, as you said. This time, I should buy that software and we can actually make it look somewhat professional. Hopefully get a wider audience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment