UPDATE: The release of the trailer for "I'm Tired of God," the film I'm acting in, and an expansion of its ideas and plot


Back in July, I provided you guys with information concerning a new short film I was acting in; it was called I'm Tired of God and was directed by my close friend Miles Santiago, an ambitious writer who has authored numerous thinkpieces - some of which are available on this very blog - and even a short novel. When Miles approached me with the concept of a short film showing off his true ambition and his abilities as not only a filmmaker but a force of writing and conceptualizing, before asking me to be a part of it, I was already on board; here is a kid I befriended halfway through my sophomore year of high school, who was kind enough to allow me into his limited group of friends despite my popularity throughout the latter half of my high school career. This kid was something special, and provided me with enough contemplative information for a week in just a five minute conversation.

Questions have been asked about the status of I'm Tired of God since my self-billed "informal press release" back in July. I have resisted the urge to update for two reasons: for one, I hadn't known a whole lot about the film's progression other than brief Facebook messages from Miles and the two additional actors, Jakub Remiszewski and my longtime friend Elijah Bacerra, and two, I wanted to wait until Miles had finished shooting and created a trailer of some sort to give audiences a taste of what he wants us to see.

Above is the link to the trailer and below is another message from Miles. To reiterate from my first blog on the film, Miles keeps his internet presence down to middling levels, leaving me to be his "ambassador" for a great deal of information. He enjoys the way I love to market and promote my blog posts, multiple blog series, and reviews, so he sees my presence and response to things as something that will go on to achieve something a bit greater than if he did it himself. Below is a personal message from him he wanted me to include in the blog post to further expand on the ideas set forth by I'm Tired of God in a true, minimalist fashion. The next update will hopefully be when the film is released via online distribution.

"Firstly, my intention with the title is not be brazenly blasphemous. This is fiction based on a synthesis of St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, the last thing I want to be associated with is the preconceiving, pseudohistorical Christopher Hitchens party and I’ve written a 30-page essay disassociating myself from such.

Anyone who read my essay on Only God Forgives knows I don’t hold zealous acting in automatic high regard and anyone who has seen the poster knows my propensity to lean toward neutral-cool color temperature. “Vibrant melancholy,” was my mantra for the aesthetic of the film, something that can be colorful yet pensive. Like me.

The only concise premise I can provide is this: the dynamic between a polemicist, a Christian, and an enigmatic recluse and their outlook on life post-high school. This is the first time I’ve openly invited people into how I operate, this film is to establish my aptitude as filmmaker.

Expect it in January."

                                                                       - Miles Santiago

Comments